Friday 18 January 2013

OH NO, SNOW...


This weather puts me in hibernation mode. 10am this morning we found out our game against Carlisle Utd had been postponed due to obvious reasons. But what do we do when these situations arise??? Carry on training...in the snow. We managed to get a good double session in considering the amount of snow and there was nothing better than seeing Nicky Adams stack it in front of me! Eat snow son!



Games have been nonstop over the Christmas period but now with this postponement we have an 11 day gap until our next match. I'm gutted the game's been called off. Saturday's are the highlight of my week and eleven days is a long time but the Gaffer's given us the weekend off so I'm gonna make the most of it. 




Last weeks long journey to Tranmere didn't go our way but I thought I'd expose a few of my fellow teammates from the trip. I provide much of the entertainment (Films) from my library for the boys, so in return I decided that with the current financial climate I'd raise the prices of Huntbusters...

1 Film    =   £5
3 Films   =   £10 or a bag of treats
4+ Films =   £15 or two bags of sweets

Now to the majority of the lads these prices weren't a problem as they know loyal Huntbusters customers always get looked after but for John Akinde (joint tightest man at the club with Michel Kuipers) this was an issue. Billy Clarke, Josh Simpson, Sergio Torres & Matt Sadler to name a few managed to fill my stocking which kept me and roomy Dannie Bulman ticking over for a week. However Akinde produced nothing, so no films it was, until we stopped off at the service station on route and the big man decided he was going to put his hand in his pocket and treat me. This is unheard of!
I'll try and give you a vision of how tight this guy is... If he's in a car school he'll charge the passengers £5 for the trip. After training you'll catch him loitering around the lads wash bags as he refuses to buy shower gel so would rather nick everyone else's. On away trips any extra meals left on the coach at the end he'll put in a bag and take them home and tell the family he bought them!!!! So as you can imagine for this guy to say he'll treat me was a ground breaking moment, and break him I did!! 4 bags of sweets, 1 diary, 1 gel hand warmer and a pack of nail clippers later, he then gets a shock to find a bill of £15 hahahaha and Of course I just by chance happened to have my camera on standby for the momentous occasion.


What a guy, Nicky Adams consolidating the big man...



Some things need to be exposed so hopefully Akinde can learn from the experience. 

So like I said I'm gonna make the most of a weekend off. Those of you who's clubs aren't playing don't get too bored! Tomorrow I feel sledging could be on the cards...for the kids of course ;-)

For the next couple of days this will probably be me... 


#hibernating